- Prevent tooth decay: Even though brushing and flossing two times in a day will assist remove a huge amount of food and plaque deposit from the teeth, only these procedures are not enough to get rid of tartar or harder plaque from between the teeth and around the gum line. When your dentist cleans your teeth, he won't only be just removing the plaque or tartar but he will be able to determine other potential problems like cavities, gum disease or broken or cracked teeth.
- Detect oral cancer: The professional teeth cleaning process also prevents the start of oral cancer. Also, the dentist will be able to determine it and suggest a suitable treatment plan. Mostly, it is a standard procedure for your dentist to thoroughly check your mouth for symptoms of oral cancer while cleaning your teeth.
- Prevention and treatment of Halitosis: When the teeth are not cleaned properly, tartar and food start to collect between the teeth and stick to the gum line. This causes bad breath, or called as halitosis. This condition can also cause throat infection. Getting your teeth cleaned professionally after every six months will assist prevent this condition from even developing.
- Maintain good overall health: According to medical experts there is definitely a correlation between experiencing poor oral health and the start of chronic conditions like heart disease, inflammation of the joints, diabetes, strokes, premature birth and low weight in baby. In several cases, the condition of your mouth will assist a dentist to find out whether you may need more advanced treatment procedures or dental cleaning will be sufficient for a healthy mouth.
- Enjoy a healthy smile: If you drink a lot of wine, soda, coffee or tea then gradually your teeth will become stained. If regularly cleaned, these stains can be prevented from fixing to your teeth permanently. Your dentist won't only clean your teeth carefully; he will also polish them to give them a shine. This will help prevent staining or excessive yellowing.
Smile Whitening Express is a leading Edmonton area dentist offering periodontal treatments, orthodontist services, preventive/cosmetic dentistry and more dental services. Call us now to schedule an appointment.