If choosing a dentist meant only finding someone who is qualified and trained to tend to your teeth, it would be the easiest thing in the world. However, finding a dentist, the right dentist, isn't only about finding a trained professional, it's much more.
Why do you need to find the one?
Dental treatment can be daunting and scary. If you add an unknown person (read: dentist) to the process, it gets scarier and uncomfortable as well. It is very important to find the right dentist, to find someone you are comfortable with. Dental treatment is a very personal process, you need someone you can build that sort of a relationship with. When finding a dentist you want to find someone you can talk to, someone you can trust and most importantly someone who keeps you motivated and interested in your oral health. There needs to be a relationship of mutual respect between a dentist and a patient. This means that your neighbor's sister's friend who is a dentist may not necessarily be the one for you!
When do you look for a dentist?
1) As soon as you move cities/homes.
2) If you need specialized care, which your dentist is unable to provide.
3) When you have delayed dental treatment and care for really long, and now it is inevitable you visit a dentist.
How do you find one?
1) Ask your friend, neighbors, colleagues and family for recommendations. This will give you a couple of places to choose from.
2) Ask your current/previous dentist. They may be able to refer a dentist/specialist in your area.
3) Visit the website of your local dental association/regulatory authority. Many of these websites have a directory of dentists listings.
4) Ask your insurance provider for dentists included under your cover.
5) Visit your local community centre and check the local hospital for options.
How do you choose the right one?
Researching your options will give you a list of dentists who have worked for people you know, that isn't a guarantee that the dentist is right for you. The best way to pick your dentist is to schedule an appointment and get a general examination done. Once at the dentist, ask questions and get all your doubts, no matter how small, clarified. Compare all your options before you make a decision. Some of the factors to consider while weighing your options are -
1) Convenience - Is the dentist close and easily accessible?
2) Ease of scheduling appointments - How long does it take to get an appointment? Can you take an appointment based on your schedule and preference?
3) Emergency services - Does the dentist accommodate emergencies? Is the office well equipped to deal with emergencies or provide treatment after- hours if required?
4) Available treatments - Does the dental office provide a wide range of treatment options? Is it equipped and staffed to treat children, specially abled or medically compromised (example those with HIV, diabetes or hypertension) patients?
5) Insurance and Payment - What are the accepted forms of payment at the dental office? Do they accept insurance?]
At Smiles Whitening Express, you can find the best dental care for your teeth, just book an appointment and find out.
Smiles Whitening Express
Express teeth whitening & cleaning place.
Enjoy a youthful whiter & brighter smile. We can help keep your smile beautiful. Going for an interview or on a date, visit our express service location.
We use procedures which are effective. We are launching 5 express cleaning & whitening locations in next few months.
Visit our South Edmonton location at:
4445 Calgary Trail NW #110
Edmonton, AB T6H 5R7
Phone # 587 410 7331
Emergency Dentist Edmonton
Sherwood Park Dentist
St Albert Dentist
Spruce Grove Dentist
Edmonton Teeth Cleaning & Whitening