So, how can you tell if your child needs braces? Are there any signs that you can identify? Why, yes.
- If your child lost his or her baby teeth either too early or too late, then it may cause a need for braces later on.
- Do you see crowded, misaligned, or blocked-out teeth? That is a sign.
- Do they still suck their thumb or finger or toe, or anything that is not supposed to be in their mouth for too long? This habit usually causes an overbite, and can be corrected with the help of braces.
- If they frequently complain of pain on the inside of their cheeks or roof of the mouth, it may be because their teeth are abnormally placed and are biting at everything that is in the way.
- If they have any genetic problems, such as space or bite problems.
- If their jaws don't line up properly, meet abnormally, or don't meet at all, then they will be needing braces.
- If their jaws and teeth are out of proportion to the rest of their face, you need to take them to the orthodontist and get them checked.