Do you want to encourage your little ones to take care of their teeth in between visits to the dentist? Or maybe encourage a life-long appreciation for the importance of consistent dental hygiene? One option you might want to consider is encouraging your child to play mobile apps related to tooth care. There are plenty of fun dental care apps for kids that can help your child not be afraid of dentists by encouraging an understanding of the tasks dentists complete. Following are five options you can consider downloading to your smartphone or your child's tablet:
Dentist Story Kids
Offered by GeniApps, the Dentist Story Kids app helps encourage your child to take care of their teeth by allowing them to care for the teeth of a virtual child. Your little ones can perform dental activities like teeth cleanings, dental whitenings, and mouth washing. If your child is the adventurous type, they can even perform virtual tooth extractions and cavity drilling. This fun app has received a recent upgrade and now lets your child add a variety of humorous colors to teeth too.
Dentist in the Circus
Available from Tommy Lee, the Dentist in the Circus app lets your child pretend to care for the teeth of a circus clown. Your child can polish the clown's teeth, add sparkles to his molars, or pull teeth to leave the clown with a toothless smile. If your child is afraid of clowns or not big on visiting the dentist, this application should only be used with parental supervision.
Dentist in the Wild
If your little one loves animals, the Dentist in the Wild app from Gregory Ellis might be an excellent option to consider. This engaging application lets your child attend to the teeth of numerous jungle animals including leopards, zebras, and giraffes. Your child will enjoy plenty of giggles as they attempt to beautify the teeth of their favorite furry animals.
If your child enjoys anything related to pirates, the Pirate Dentist app from Illusia Studios might be worth considering. This silly iOS app lets your son or daughter take care of the teeth of a pirate by brushing and rinsing the eight teeth left in the pirate's mouth. Look out for crumbly candies and hidden germs that are lurking behind the pirate's teeth.
If you want to help alleviate any possible tensions the next time you are visiting your children's dentist, the Dentist Jokes app might be worth downloading. This free app from Thomas Chiang offers a variety of silly jokes related to dentists. While adults might find the offered jokes a little on the juvenile side, small children are likely to at least smile as they await their appointment with the dentist.
Using a mobile app to acquaint your child with the services provided by a pediatric dentist can encourage little ones to not be fearful of their dental healthcare provider. Children are able to understand that their neighborhood dentist is simply providing maintenance to help keep their teeth and gums strong and healthy. Do you think you will be downloading any of these dental apps for children to your family's digital devices?
If choosing a dentist meant only finding someone who is qualified and trained to tend to your teeth, it would be the easiest thing in the world. However, finding a dentist, the right dentist, isn't only about finding a trained professional, it's much more.
Why do you need to find the one?
Dental treatment can be daunting and scary. If you add an unknown person (read: dentist) to the process, it gets scarier and uncomfortable as well. It is very important to find the right dentist, to find someone you are comfortable with. Dental treatment is a very personal process, you need someone you can build that sort of a relationship with. When finding a dentist you want to find someone you can talk to, someone you can trust and most importantly someone who keeps you motivated and interested in your oral health. There needs to be a relationship of mutual respect between a dentist and a patient. This means that your neighbor's sister's friend who is a dentist may not necessarily be the one for you!
When do you look for a dentist?
1) As soon as you move cities/homes.
2) If you need specialized care, which your dentist is unable to provide.
3) When you have delayed dental treatment and care for really long, and now it is inevitable you visit a dentist.
How do you find one?
1) Ask your friend, neighbors, colleagues and family for recommendations. This will give you a couple of places to choose from.
2) Ask your current/previous dentist. They may be able to refer a dentist/specialist in your area.
3) Visit the website of your local dental association/regulatory authority. Many of these websites have a directory of dentists listings.
4) Ask your insurance provider for dentists included under your cover.
5) Visit your local community centre and check the local hospital for options.
How do you choose the right one?
Researching your options will give you a list of dentists who have worked for people you know, that isn't a guarantee that the dentist is right for you. The best way to pick your dentist is to schedule an appointment and get a general examination done. Once at the dentist, ask questions and get all your doubts, no matter how small, clarified. Compare all your options before you make a decision. Some of the factors to consider while weighing your options are -
1) Convenience - Is the dentist close and easily accessible?
2) Ease of scheduling appointments - How long does it take to get an appointment? Can you take an appointment based on your schedule and preference?
3) Emergency services - Does the dentist accommodate emergencies? Is the office well equipped to deal with emergencies or provide treatment after- hours if required?
4) Available treatments - Does the dental office provide a wide range of treatment options? Is it equipped and staffed to treat children, specially abled or medically compromised (example those with HIV, diabetes or hypertension) patients?
5) Insurance and Payment - What are the accepted forms of payment at the dental office? Do they accept insurance?]
At Smiles Whitening Express, you can find the best dental care for your teeth, just book an appointment and find out.
Smiles Whitening Express
Express teeth whitening & cleaning place.
Enjoy a youthful whiter & brighter smile. We can help keep your smile beautiful. Going for an interview or on a date, visit our express service location.
We use procedures which are effective. We are launching 5 express cleaning & whitening locations in next few months.
Visit our South Edmonton location at:
4526 Calgary Trail NW, Edmonton, AB T6H 5W6
Phone # 587 410 7331
Emergency Dentist Edmonton
Sherwood Park Dentist
St Albert Dentist
Spruce Grove Dentist
Edmonton Teeth Cleaning & Whitening